The Importance of PR
Public Relations does a lot of heavy lifting for a brand in terms of brand awareness and customer connection. A good PR strategy:
- Cultivates & maintains important relationships
- Keeps you on top of cultural relevance
- Applies cultural relevance to products
- Is fully time consuming
- Requires existing long-term relationships
Working with professional PR agents can be an excellent investment of resources as a good agent can shortcut access to important people and quickly increase your social proof. When you are looking to hire a PR agent, though, make sure they not only have a good track record and existing relationships but are also familiar with your business niche and size. Ask yourself?
- Where have their clients received press?
- What channels are they considering for you?
- Make sure their arena aligns with your niche and strategy
- Has the PR agent worked with businesses of your sizeSmall startups and large corporations are very different worlds
- Do they have proven success?
- Do you have a referral or intorduction to them? That often means they are tried and true agents
When you begin working with an agent, set up clear expectations and have discussions around:
- Ideal publications
- Ideal events
- Ideate with them
- Local markets v. national reach
- Global reach for international pitching
Whenever you’re ready to integrate a PR strategy, make sure you vet the agencies well and look for three key things: their relationships, the connection they have to your brand and authenticity in every aspect.
Ad Injections: A Primer for Ecommerce Merchants
Top CVS Deals | Weekly Ad Matchups 12/11
Brennan Clost’s Dream Role — MEN’S FASHION POST