Customer loyalty is a marketing approach that recognizes and rewards customers who repeatedly purchase or engage with a brand. The ability to convert one-time buyers into repeat customers is key to maintaining your revenue stream and is crucial to the success of your business.
All retailers have to keep the goal of improving customer loyalty insight, but jewelry retailers have opportunities that many other categories of retail lack. However, each opportunity involves a confident, equipped employee who is enthusiastic about providing personalized service to your customers. So, how to improve customer loyalty in jewelry stores? Getting the right jewelry store management software for your Jewelry business is essential to improving your customer loyalty.
The Facets of Jewelry Customer Service
Just as a beautiful gemstone has facets that enhance its beauty, jewelry customer service has facets that make it more appealing to the public.
- Custom orders allow jewelers to create a unique piece for a specific customer. ChainDrive Jewelry ERP software makes the process efficient by keeping track of the process and each component so that questions about order status can be accurate and real-time.
- Tray counts are essential to keep track of your merchandise. ChainDrive Jewelry POS system documents the products in each tray. The system conducts two counts per day. It then reconciles what was displayed at the beginning of the day with what was sold. Employees can focus on serving customers instead of doing multiple tray counts each day.
- Visual media and social sharing are essential tools to encourage repeat purchases. Customers are becoming comfortable purchasing luxury goods online, but reading reviews from other buyers helps solidify product desirability. Jewelry is highly visual in the fashion industry, and rewarding customers for sharing it on social channels like Instagram is a key part of any loyalty marketing strategy.
- Using VIP tiers is a great way to increase the value of your products. Jewelry has always been tied to social status, making it an obvious loyalty tool. Customers receive special titles and other incentives that have been proven to motivate them more than extravagant rewards.
- Store credit is also beneficial in the jewelry industry. Many jewelry stores resist giving discounts on their products for various reasons. Offering your customers rewards such as free shipping and store credit allows you to boost the value of their transactions without compromising the value of your products. These types of considerations will encourage your customers to talk about your products and share them with others, which will help you gain new customers and keep your existing customers coming back.
Custom orders and tray counts are the most essential facets of jewelry retailing. ChainDrive Jewelry point of sale provides many more ways to make your business attractive to both employees and customers. ChainDrive jewelry business software equips your employees to provide the service that keeps your customers coming back.
What are the strategies to build the best loyalty program in the jewelry industry?
1. Increase your Responsiveness – Develop a program strategy that places excellent value and customer service at the core of your program. Your staff should be friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful; the customer support team should be accessible and resolve issues in a timely manner, and they should answer questions quickly, even those sent on social media. So, they are confident and enthusiastic about providing service since they have time to serve with the right tools.
2. Listen to Feedback – When caught up in the effort to maximize customer acquisition, it’s easy to overlook your existing customer base. Yet, customer reviews go hand in hand with customer loyalty. Good reviews will attract potential customers to your business, while good service will convert prospects into customers, and happy customers will leave a good review
3. Reward your customers – for sharing your products on social media and writing positive reviews to help emphasize the benefits of your products to potential customers. Another way to reward customers is to create a points-back system and a loyalty program that requires a loyalty card and can sometimes include a smartphone app.
4. Provide Extra Value – Give your customers the option to redeem their rewards for store credit or free shipping to uplift the luxury of your program. Consider strategies to simplify or speed up the customer experience; for example, instead of putting consumers through a maze of automated menus on the phone, consider streamlining the checkout process and answering questions on social media.
5. Communicate Effectively – The value of effective, personalized customer service is often overlooked. Use social status to create additional value while encouraging customers to participate in your program. By utilizing tools like mobile point of sale, you can ensure your customers feel valued and listened to while spending more time growing your business.
A loyalty program designed with these considerations in mind will dazzle and shine in the eyes of your customers. So, while diamonds might be a woman’s best friend, your loyalty program follows closely behind, offering your customers with unique value that makes everyday life glamorous.
ChainDrive Jewelry store management software combines the power of our omnichannel software along with vital jewelry principles, processes, and elements to provide today’s jewelry retailer with the most comprehensive software on the market. Need more information? Request a free demo! We would be happy to discuss your questions or concerns and help you decide if ChainDrive is right for your business.